Here's who's nominated for the prestigious Scottish Album of the Year Award.
Voting for the Scottish Album of the Year Award is now open.
At the launch event late last month – taking over the The Queen’s Hall in the capital – figures from the Scottish music industry and nominated artists came together to celebrate the announcement, with the night also featuring live performances from C Duncan, who is nominated this year for his third album Health, and Kobi Onyame, who was shortlisted for the SAY Award last year.
Attendees were also treated to an exclusive collaboration performance from Modern Studies and Idlewild’s Rod Jones, before finding out the list of 20 albums nominated for this year’s award.
Ticketmaster also lent their support to the evening, helping to raise funds for Help Musicians Scotland, the SAY Award’s charity partner for 2018.
Now in its eighth year, the SAY Award celebrates the most outstanding Scottish albums each year.
Fans can vote for their favourite album of the year from the longlist until the 14 August 2019, with the shortlist announced the following day.
The eventual winner crowned at a glitzy ceremony at Edinburgh’s Assembly Rooms on 6 September 2019.
Previous winners of the SAY Award include Young Fathers’ Cocoa Sugar, Scared Paws’ Strike A Match and Anna Meredith’s Varmints.
Here’s the longlist for this year’s Scottish Album of the Year Award.
- Aidan Moffat and RM Hubbert – Here Lies The Body
- Aidan O’Rourke – 365: Vol. 1
- Andrew Wasylyk – The Paralian
- Auntie Flo – Radio Highlife
- Brìghde Chaimbeul – The Reeling
- C Duncan – Health
- Carla J. Easton – Impossible Stuff
- CHVRCHES – Love Is Dead
- Edwyn Collins – Badbea
- Fatherson – Sum Of All Your Parts
- Fergus McCreadie Trio – Turas
- Free Love – Luxury Hits
- Graham Costello’s Strata – Obelisk
- Karine Polwart with Steven Polwart and Inge Thomson – Laws of Motion
- Kathryn Joseph – From When I Wake The Want Is
- Kinnaris Quintet – Free One
- Mastersystem – Dance Music
- Niteworks – Air Fàir an Là
- Sean Shibe – softLOUD
- The Twilight Sad – It Won/t Be Like This All The Time
Find out more about the SAY Award and vote for your favourite at sayaward.com