We can all agree that the 1987 dance movie is one of the best of all time – the plot, the music and the Swayze!
And now Dirty Dancing is making a return to the West End for a limited run at the Phoenix Theatre from 6 December 2016.
Exploding with heart-pounding music, breath-taking emotion and sensationally sexy dancing, this worldwide smash hit tells the classic story of Baby and Johnny, two fiercely independent young spirits from different worlds, who come together in what will be the most challenging and triumphant summer of their lives.
The musical will feature all your favourite hits, including Hungry Eyes, Hey Baby, Do You Love Me? and the heart stopping (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life.
To celebrate its return to the London stage, we’ve compiled our all-time favourite movie moments – dancing shoes at the ready, people!
- When Baby carries the watermelon – iconic as ever
- This dance lesson – Hey, loverboy!
- When Baby danced like no one was watching – that bridge, though!
- Penny’s dresses – So. Much. Glamour.
- Baby and Johnny’s first dance – Show her, Johnny
- “This is your dance space and this is my dance space”
- Nobody puts Baby in a corner – that’s right
- Dance practice on a log in the woods? Sign us up!
- Baby and Johnny’s super sexy intimate dance in the cabin – is it just us or is it getting hot in here?
- And the most legendary scene of them all
Relive all the magic live on stage when Dirty Dancing comes to the Phoenix Theatre from 6 December – tickets are available now at Ticketmaster.co.uk. Dirty Dancing is also on tour now across the UK – tickets for the tour are right here.