With 2015 being a big year for the game where teams of 15 clash on a pitch with the aim to cross the white line with a oddly-shaped ball, here are 15 things to look forward to at Rugby World Cup 2015.
- Pre-match treats – Soaking up as much of the atmosphere as possible is a must. Get down to the stadium nice and early to treat yourself to some delicious food and drink. Feel the excitement in the air and get pumped to cheer on your team.
- Taking your seats – Stepping out into the stadium is a feeling like no other. Don’t forget to stop for a second and take it all in, but watch out for people following you in, you don’t want to start a maul.
- Wear your colours – Don’t forget to wear your country’s colours with pride. The more of you wearing the same colour and sitting together, the bolder and more visible you’ll be for the players, coaching staff and fellow spectators alike.
- Jokes & banter – It’s likely you’ll be sat near supporters of your rivals for the day, which just adds to the whole experience. The opportunity to have a laugh with and tease can make for some great memories, but remember, respect is very important!
- National Anthems – Warm up those vocal chords and sing out loud! Be proud of your country and fellow countrymen on that pitch in front of you. They need to know you’re there to support them.
- A roar to raise them – Nothing quite compares to the Haka of New Zealand or the Manu Siva Tau of Samoa, but each and every country has a special way to psych up for a match. So get learning yours if you don’t already know it and prepare to roar.
- The scrum – strength is everything and a powerful scrum can swing the match in the favour of the strongest team. Celebrate every victory and add an extra push to those eight men heaving for your country.
- The 80-metre run – There’s nothing like a clean break from the backs! A little pace in the match can make for an electrifying watch. Keep an eye out for the French flair or the sprinting South Africans.
- The big hits – Defence is often the best offence. The game has evolved into a bruising sport where a crunching tackle can change the flow of the match. Hear the crowd wince and cheer at every knock and before you know it, you’ll be feeling each hit yourself.
- Impressive kicks – The kicking game is just as important as a powerful run or an inspiring try. Cheer every touchline found by a searching kick and praise the boot of your goal kicker: I’m sure they’ll appreciate it.
- Glorious tries – The ultimate prize for any rugby player: crossing that white line. Prepare to feel elation sweep across the stadium when a try is scored and you’ll be jumping out of your seat before you know it.
- Protecting the line – Many a finger nails have been destroyed during the dying minutes of a match and none more than when a close win is under threat by a last gasp attack. These times more than ever are when your players need your support, so save some energy for the full 80 minutes.
- Big names – It’s not often our humble island is graced with the biggest names in rugby. Make the most of this occasion and witness the greatness for yourself at one of the matches.
- Memorable matches – Every tournament such as Rugby World Cup 2015 supplies us with top class sporting entertainment. Revel in the atmosphere of the stadium and remember these sorts of things don’t come around regularly.
- Rugby history – A champion of the rugby world will be crowned right here on our doorstep! Do not miss a second of the action.
We hope you enjoy Rugby World Cup 2015! If you’re still after tickets, head to ticketmaster.co.uk/rwc2015 and pick up a golden ticket now.