This time last week we were ALL about Slam Dunk Festival 2015. Metal Blogmaster, Dan Hudson, recaps his five favourite things from the Midlands date…
1. Set it Off’s favourite phrases.
Cody and Maxx taught me some cracking new phrases. The whole thing was ‘flight’… Listen here.
2. Beartooth’s fans love to jump out of trees
During Beartooth’s insane set on the Monster stage, it seems like the crowd couldn’t resist the vantage point of a tree. Like this guy…
3. As It Is would keep Slam Dunk, er, As It Is
Brighton-via-Minneapolis pop-punk five piece, As It Is, are the nicest guys around. I asked vocalist Patty if he would change anything about Slam Dunk, and it turns out that he would keep it exactly, er, ‘as it is’. Listen here.
4. Taking Back Sunday’s MakeDamnSure still sounds amazing, almost ten years later
Especially with 3,000 fans screaming every word.
4. Two-pint glasses are better than one.
The bar at the Kerrang! Fresh Blood stage was selling beer in two-pint glasses. This meant we could stay put for the entirety of Rob Lynch’s full-band set. YES!