In the spirit of Seinabo Sey’s new tour announcement, we’ve rounded up five Scandinavian singers who’re soundtracking the super pop genre right now.
1. You may know Danish singer MØ thanks to her collaboration with Major Lazer, and her new single Kamikaze (produced by Diplo) is a standout track in its own right. Love her.
2. Sweden’s unconventional, noir pop practitioner Seinabo Sey has been constantly refining her sound since she burst onto the scene in 2013. Not your typical pop artist, this super-talented lady headlines London’s XOYO on Thursday 3 March.
3. Swedish singer Tove Lo has had over 1 million views on her video for new single Moments in less than five days. No surprise, it’s SO good. Catch her in the UK this month.
4. Fellow Swedes, Niki & the Dove signed to Sub Pop (Nirvana, Soundgarden and more recently Foals, Beach House) and were quickly dubbed future talents in BBC Sound poll 2012. They’ve just released a track called Play It On My Radio, check it out below.
5. Elliphant is a Swedish singer, songwriter and rapper, with a bit of an electro-snyth twist. After initially creating her sound with Swedish production duo Jungle, she went on to release Living Life Golden in 2015 and has worked with the likes of David Guetta and Diplo/Major Lazor.