Double Paralympic champion Jonnie Peacock has launched the official London 2017 schools ticket offer.
The initiative gives 250,000 schoolchildren across Greater London the opportunity to attend the World Para Athletics Championships London 2017.
Launched by Peacock at Marion Richardson Primary School, the offer includes free TfL travel and dedicated volunteers for attending school parties. The 100m gold medal holder delivered an athletics lesson.
“It’s great to know that so many schoolchildren from London are able to come and experience a World Championships,” he added. “London 2017 is the biggest sporting event in the world this year and I am looking forward to being able to show so many young people the best of Para athletics. It will be inspirational for so many children to see the best para athletes in the world competing in London. Their support will be amazing as we bid to win medals for the nation.”
Schools are invited to five mid-week sessions, with the daytime prioritised for primary school and evenings for secondary and colleges.
The scheme boasts:
– Tickets at just £3 for school children in the Greater London area
– Accompanying adults and teachers can attend for free
– Stadium sessions will begin at the slightly later time of 10.30am to enable school parties extra time to travel across London
– All children attending these schools sessions will travel free of charge on Transport for London services
– A dedicated volunteer will be provided for each school party to meet the group on arrival and lead them throughout their visit
“London is ready to welcome the biggest global sports event of 2017 and once again showcase our great city on the world stage and create new sporting history,” says the Mayor Of London Sadiq Khan. “After the success of our record-breaking ParaGB athletes in Rio last year, this summer’s World Para Athletics Championships in London is a not-to-be-missed, golden opportunity for 250,000 young Londoners to see our sporting heroes.”
The World ParaAthletics will run from 14 to 23 July 2017, with the IAAF World Championships London 2017 following from 4 until 13 August.
That’s 245 events over 20 days, with over 3000 athletes from across the globe.
IAAF World Championships London 2017 and ParaAthletics tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster.co.uk.