LA punks The Bronx are some seriously smooth operators. We know this because we put their romantic sides to the test with an ultimate Valentine’s Day playlist.
Guitarist Ken Horne picked out his favourite love anthems, with tracks from The Damned and The Rolling Stones, through to Ortis Redding and The Ramones.
Fear not singletons, there’s something for everyone as Horne talks us through his playlist below. Puppy dog eyes at the ready…
1. The Damned – Love Song
“A great love song with the best bass intro of all time!”
2. The Rolling Stones – I’d much rather be with the boys
“This is the best anti-love song.”
3. Compulsive Gamblers – Your Happiness
“That’s all we want to ever be…”
4. The Humpers – Plastique Valentine
5. New York Dolls – Subway Train
“There’s nothing sadder than an empty train on Valentine’s Day.”
6. The Boys – Sick On You
“All couples think they are Romeo & Juliet.”
7. Guitar Wolf – I love you, OK
“Guitar Wolf may have all the answers to your relationship problems.”
8. The Ramones – She’s A Sensation
“A perfect walking down the aisle song for a wedding!”
9. The Wildhearts – Loveshit
“Sign your name on the dotted line and it’s time for you to suffer.”
10. Otis Redding – Don’t Mess With Cupid
“Listen to Otis, kid.”
11. Howlin’ Wolf – Spoonful
“Listen to Howlin’ Wolf, kid.”
12. The Cramps – I want to get in your pants!
“Lux and Poison Ivy were the best rock ‘n roll couple. R.I.P. Lux Interior.”
13. Santo & Johnny – Sleepwalk
“The most romantic song of all time, period, and it’s an instrumental.”
The band are touring under their Mariachi el Bronx banner this month, kicking off today at Electric Circus, Edinburgh.
The band also play Brooklyn Bowl on Valentine’s Day (14 February).
Get Mariachi el Bronx tickets today.