Our weekly round up of this week's biggest new tours, shows and events.
There’s nothing like experiencing Four Tet live. On the heels of several European festival gigs this summer, as well as a headline spot at Lost Village in Lincolnshire this weekend, you’ll have more chances to see him in autumn.
In addition to already announced appearances in Liverpool and at Manchester’s Warehouse Project, the super-chilled indie electronic artist has just revealed he’ll be doing four dates at London’s O2 Academy Brixton from 10 – 13 October 2018. The first two dates are live shows, while the remaining two dates will be DJ all-night sessions.
No matter where or what the format, a Four Tet performance is unmissable. With his eclectic tastes and genre-bending productions, you’re guaranteed to have a blast while losing yourself in the music.
Putney-born producer and artist Kieran Hebden began using the moniker Four Tet in 1998 when he released the single Thirtysixtwentyfive, which is 36 minutes and 25 seconds long. It was an early indication fans should expect the unexpected from him.
Four Tet’s debut album, Dialogue, came out the following year and fused hip-hop drum lines with jazz samples. His second album, 2001’s Pause, merged folk and electronic samples, creating a sound that was quickly dubbed “folktronica”. Then in 2005 Four Tet performed a couple of improvisational music shows with jazz drummer Steve Reid.
Over the years, his wide-ranging solo work, cool collaborations and remixes for everyone from Bloc Party and Beth Orton to Super Furry Animals, Radiohead and Grimes have earned him the reputation as the definitive experimental electronic artist.
Four Tet has released 12 albums, with the latest being 2017’s New Energy. Always managing to up his game, this collection boasts a dreamy expansive sound, especially on tracks like Two Thousand and Seventeen with its otherworldly sitar chords.
Continually inventive, Four Tet’s live shows tend to wildly immersive while his DJ all-nighters are sure to be boundary-pushing events too.
Due to the exclusive nature of these shows, there are going to be more people who want to see him in London than there will be tickets, so here’s all you need to know about Four Tet’s newly announced live dates and how to get tickets.
When is Four Tet coming to London?
Four Tet will be playing four London shows – two live shows and two DJ all nighters.
Here are the full dates:
10 October 2018 (live show) – O2 Academy Brixton, London
11 October 2018 (live show) – O2 Academy Brixton, London
12 October 2018 (DJ all nighter) – O2 Academy Brixton, London
13 October 2018 (DJ all nighter) – O2 Academy Brixton, London
When will tickets be available?
Fans will have the opportunity to get access to these exclusive shows by registering with Verified Fan. Registration closes at 23:59 on Tuesday 28 August 2018. Tickets will be available at 10:00 on Friday 31 August 2018.
Full details on the Verified Fan Onsale are available below.
How do I register for the Verified Fan onsale?
For all London dates go here and complete the registration form.
Where does the Verified Fan program apply?
Four Tet is using Verified Fan for his dates in London at the O2 Academy Brixton.
When does registration close?
Registration closes Tuesday 28 August 23:59 BST.
Can I register for the Verified Fan onsale from any country?
Yes, you can register for the Verified Fan onsale from any country.
If I register for the Verified Fan onsale do I need to include my country code with my phone number?
Yes, when registering include the country code with your telephone number.
Can I register for the Verified Fan onsale more than once?
Fans may only register once per country for the Verified Fan onsale.
I registered more than once, will I be disqualified?
Don’t worry, you will not be disqualified.
I got a confirmation email, what does that mean?
On the evening before the onsale begins, you will be notified by e-mail if you have been successful in getting a Verified Fan code. The codes will be sent via SMS on the morning of the onsale.
Does registering mean I get a code?
Only once you are verified, you’ll receive an SMS on Friday 31 August 2018 prior to the onsale at 10:00 (venue local time). Please note, tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis and getting an access code does not guarantee tickets.
Does getting a code mean I will get tickets?
If you receive an access code you will have the chance to unlock access to tickets. However, due to demand, the ability to purchase tickets is not guaranteed.
If I get a code will it work for more than one date?
If successful, your code can be used for one date or spread across multiple dates.
When is the Verified Fan onsale?
The Verified Fan onsale starts Friday 31 August at 10:00 (local venue time) for fans who receive codes.
What is the ticket limit?
There is a strict four (4) ticket limit per order, which can be used for one date or spread across multiple dates.
How much will tickets cost?
All tickets cost £5, plus booking fee.
If my parent or guardian uses their credit card to buy, does the person’s whose name is on the card have to attend the show?
No. The tickets will be in the Ticketmaster account holder’s account. (Remember, receiving a code does not guarantee tickets.)
How do I purchase tickets?
The Ticketmaster #VerifiedFan on sale begins on Friday 31 August at 10:00 venue local time. It’s a simple, standard purchase process and the steps below will help you navigate your search and purchase.
1. Once verified, you will receive an access code via SMS on Friday 31 August prior to the on sale at 10:00 venue local time. The message will include timing details and a link to where you can purchase your tickets, and your unique access code. Keep your phone handy – you’ll receive the SMS 2 – 4 hours before the on sale.
2. Sign in to your Ticketmaster account in advance. Know your Ticketmaster password, or reset your password in advance. For a faster checkout, make sure you have a valid credit card with updating billing information in your account.
When the onsale begins at 10:00 (venue local time):
3. Click the link you were sent at the appropriate time.
4. Enter your unique access code. Should you receive an error, double-check you entered the access code exactly as it appears in the text you receive or that you are signed in using the account you registered for the #VerifiedFan on sale with.
5. Due to demand, after entering your #VerifiedFan access code, you may experience a longer than usual wait time using the ticket search. Do not refresh the page during this time.
6. When completing your ticket purchase, stay within one browser window. Opening multiple windows or tabs to purchase tickets, may result in errors.
7. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and are NOT guaranteed. Do not exceed the ticket limit of four (4). This limit can be used across any four shows.
8. For a faster checkout, make sure your billing address and credit card information is up to date prior to the start of the onsale.
When should I expect my access code?
If you are verified and selected, you will receive an access code via SMS on Friday 31 August prior to the on sale at 10:00 (venue local time). Please note, tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The SMS will include timing details and a link to where you can purchase your tickets, and your unique access code. Keep your phone handy – you’ll be sent the SMS 2 – 4 hours before the on sale. The #VerifiedFan on sale begins Friday 31 August at 10:00 (venue local time).
The onsale has started, I registered and never received my access code?
Registering does not guarantee you will receive a code or have the ability to purchase tickets.
I registered for the last #VerifiedFan opportunity, shouldn’t I always get a code?
Each #VerifiedFan tour is unique and you must register for each one separately.
Why didn’t my #VerifiedFan code work?
You may have maxed out your ticket limit. Due to demand, each #VerifiedFan has a ticket limit to allow more fans like you to get tickets.
How come I received a #VerifiedFan code but can’t get tickets?
We’ve seen massive interest for this tour and #VerifiedFan tickets. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis and are NOT guaranteed.
If I’m not Verified will I still have a chance to get tickets?
A small allocation of tickets will be available to O2 Priority customers from Wednesday 29 August.
What happens if I’m on the waiting list?
Keep your phone close by – if you move off the waiting list, you will receive an SMS with your access code details. Keep in mind, your notification may come at any time after the on sale begins at 10:00 venue local time.
When notified, your SMS will include:
Please also watch your email, if there are SMS delivery issues, such as an incorrectly entered mobile number or network issues, we will email your access code details. Purchasers are held to a four (4) ticket limit.
How to prepare to the event you move off the waiting list
1. Log in to your Ticketmaster account in advance on the device you wish to purchase on.
2. Have a valid payment card with the updated billing information you plan to use for your purchase in your account.
3. Due to demand, after entering your Verified Fan access code you may experience a longer than usual wait time during the ticket search. Do not refresh the page during this time.
4. When completing your ticket purchase, stay within one browser window. Opening multiple windows or tabs to purchase tickets may result in errors.
To register for the Four Tet Verified Fan onsale, head to Ticketmaster.co.uk.