Happy festival season, folks! Here’s what happened when we hopped on a train to Nottingham, pitched up in a nearby hotel (camping not available, honest) and rolled up our sleeves for Hit The Deck Festival 2015…
1. Zoax know how to wake up a crowd. The London rockers prove it’s never too early for some filthy riffs as they pack the room to the brim, forcing a one in, one out rule on security.
2. Decade’s Alex Sears has some great tips for new bands. We caught up with the talented frontman as the band pulled in from Bristol, to talk new music, new albums and why he loves fellow Brit band, Brawlers, so very much. Watch the full interview below…
3. Cancer Bats are back. We’re missed these Canadian quintet something silly while they’ve been writing their new record, but as they tear up Nottingham’s Rock City with new album tracks – True Zero, Satellites and Arsenic in the Year of the Snake – it feels like they never left.
4. While She Sleeps are having a blast with new album, Brainwashed. The Sheffield five-piece are unstoppable as they warm the main stage for tonight’s headliners. Want to see a British metal band in the best form of their career? We suggest you hit up a WSS gig at the next available opportunity.
5. Skindred keep their party crowns in tact. Just when you think a fusion of reggae, metal and punk can’t possibly be your thing, these Welsh warriors prove you wrong. Ever the kings of having a great time, the four-piece dish out all the fan favourites with Kill The Power, Pressure and Warning.
Did you make it to Hit The Deck this year? Let us know your favourite bands of the weekend!