We’ve all been sitting around wondering what pop classics like The Weeknd sound like mixed up with emo bangers from Brand New, right?
As the answer is obviously “HELL YES”, LA trio Captain Cuts have done just that. Taking some of the biggest pop hits of the year, and some huge alternative dancefloor fillers, the producers have released their second epic mixtape.
Expect to hear blink-182 hanging out with Jack U, KRNE over Green Day, and of course Sum 41 and Coldplay.
And yes, it’s as brilliant as it sounds.
This is the second year Captain Cuts have dropped a 30 minute party-perfect mix just ahead of the festive period. It’s a annual tradition rivalling that of the twee John Lewis adverts, and we love it.
Listen to the emo-pop brilliance below:
Here’s the tracks in full:
1. This Is Your Captain Speaking
2. Taste Of San Holo (The Used x San Holo + Dr Dre)
3. Feeling U There (Blink 182 x Jack U)
4. MakeDamnPanda (Taking Back Sunday x Desiigner x Rae Sremmurd x Billboard x Martin Garrix + Bebe Rexha)
5. We Rise Fr The Mmrs (Fall Out Boy x San Holo)
6. Basket Quartzz (Green Day x KRNE)
7. Best Of Gold Centuries (The Starting Line x Kiiara x Fall Out Boy x Lido)
8. Starboy Transit Gloria (Brand New x The Weeknd x Krewella)
9. I Write Divinity (Panic At The Disco x Jai Wolf x Porter Robinson x Jay Z)
10. What’s My Closer Again? (Blink 182 x The Chainsmokers + Justin Caruso x K?D + Daft Punk)
11. Home On Ocean Avenue (Yellowcard x Madeon)
12. Ain’t Love Like Roses In Hell? (All American Rejects x The Chainsmokers x Grey + Hailee Steinfeld + Zedd x Paramore x Captain Cuts)
13. My Own Worst Alarm In The Hills (Lit x Matoma x The Weeknd)
14. In Too Seeb (Sum 41 x Coldplay + Seeb)
There’s tickets for loads of the featured artists over on Ticketmaster.co.uk.